Thursday, February 21, 2013

Choosing To Be Grateful Series

I'm grateful for snow.



I was planning on posting about family again today, but we got snow in Denver and I decided that I should write about how grateful I was for the snow this morning.  It's been very dry here so the moisture was really needed.  I love the way that snow makes everything lighter.  I generally do my morning workout in the dark and this morning was no exception, except that everything glowed ethereally.  I also really enjoyed watching the snow both on the ground and falling from the sky sparkling in the lights.

A couple of weekends ago we made our annual winter pilgrimage to Estes Park.  While we were snowshoeing we got to enjoy a fluffy snowfall.  It was a bit windy and difficult to see in the open, but the trees sheltered us nicely.  We also truly enjoyed how muted all of the sounds were, it was so peaceful (when I wasn't sucking wind!)  We heard birds and we talked some, but otherwise we got to enjoy the quiet splendor of Rocky Mountain National Park blanketed in snow.

It would have been very easy to be stressed about the drive this morning, but instead I chose to focus on how much I enjoy snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment