Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weekly Chart #6/15

I've reached my weight goal!  This chart is a posting of the beginning of my maintenance phase.

I knew that it would be hard to stop losing weight once I got started.  It's very tempting to see just how far I could go because it feels so good to have control over this.  But I've decided to stop now.  My waist is still larger than I originally had planned on, but I'm now wearing a size 6, so I think I'm OK with this size; I had been pushing the limits of my size 10 clothes back in December.

My waist-to-hip ratio is still higher than I would have hoped, but I keep losing inches off of both so I can't seem to change the ratio.  However, I think I'll ask my doctor to do a blood draw and look at all of my numbers at my next appointment.  If they're good, then I'm not going to worry about this ratio any longer.

So now I'm on to maintenance.  Here's what that means:

  • I'm going to give myself an additional 50 calories per day a week at a time, until I reach my maintenance calories of about 1550 per day.  That way I can make sure that I don't start putting the weight back on.
  • I'm going to continue to exercise.  I'll do strength training 3 times per week and at least 30 minutes of cardio 6 times per week.
  • I'll continue to weigh in every morning so that if I start to move back up I can immediately address it by going to 1200 calories per day until it's back in line.
I originally started this for several reasons.  I'm happy to report that I'm healthier, stronger, and have more energy.  I feel more desirable for my husband, even if he always found me desirable, now I'm more secure.  I finally went shopping the other day (which I don't like to do) since my pants wouldn't stay up any longer, and I was able to see cute clothes and they looked cute on me.  This is a major accomplishment that I feel very proud of.  Of course it didn't magically transform the rest of my life, but it did transform my view of myself and what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment