Thursday, August 24, 2017

The Tail-End of Summer

The summer is starting to wind up. The kids are back in school. The sun is rising and setting a little later each day. The evenings are cooler. The afternoon light is taking on that special golden hue that belongs to this time of year.



My petunias are still going strong but my roses and snapdragons are starting to fade and my chrysanthemums are signaling the coming autumn with their beautiful blooms.








We're starting to see pops of color in with the green leaves now, and a few fallen leaves line the path along the creek.









It's been a good summer and as my kiddos get older the end of each summer is a little more bittersweet than the last. But now I'm really starting to look forward to autumn which is my favorite time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment