Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thursday Morning Suburban Hike

Well folks, I'm officially on the edge of sanity these days. After another exceptionally rough morning with my son it felt like I had two options: admit myself to a mental hospital, or get outside and spend some time in nature. I opted for the latter and asked my boss if I could take a couple of hours off. She's so wonderful and understanding and immediately agreed. Since I had a meeting until 9:30 this morning and then meetings this afternoon starting at 1:00, I decided it wouldn't be responsible to head into the mountains. So instead I headed to Boulder and went up into the foothills.

All of these pictures were taken in full manual mode today. I've really enjoyed taking that control back on my camera.



 














Once I reached the top of the hill I sat down on a rock and listened to the wind in the grass and the insects flying around. I was totally alone for quite some time and it was very soothing. Now I just have to figure out how to keep that inner peace going this afternoon when I'm with my son again. I never thought I'd be that kind of mother. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment