Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Choosing to Laugh

I posted pictures yesterday of the spring flowers in the snow.  What I didn't post about was the crazy line at the bus station, partly because I was otherwise occupied and hardly noticed.  I read several blogs by women who are in situations similar to mine:  Trying to balance the demands of being a wife, mother, and employee at the same time.  One of those blogs was making me laugh out loud while I was standing in that line at the bus station waiting to come home to my family.  So obviously I highly recommend checking it out here at the Planting Dandelions blog.

I have been thinking some about regret.  What I really regret in my life is not appreciating and enjoying enough when things have been going well in the past.  So I truly believe it's time to put more effort into doing just that with the good things I have right now.  There are things that I wish were different in my life.  I would like to work part time.  I would like to live in a more rural area.  I would like to sleep better and feel more rested.  But none of those things preclude enjoying all of the wonderful things that I do have in my life.  I have a devoted husband and two wonderful children.  We have everything we need and much of what we want.  We live in a place and time where we know we're safe, secure, and free.  I'm allowed to post anything I want here.  Although I like to remind people that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of that speech.  It's a good life, and I'm choosing to enjoy it and laugh out loud as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment